Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Wedding Day

Well the wedding day came and the dragon was not quite as finished as I wanted it to be but I was still able to use it, If i had of given myself some more time I would have put a lot more detail on the face and also put some scales on the body.

As I am away at the moment a quick update with a picture of how the dragon looked on the day with the table plan list in hand.

Thursday, 3 June 2010

Day 8

Day 8 (Day 7 Part 2 didnt happen as it wasn't ready)

Cloth Mache Wings Drying

Trimmed but got to do the feet and head yet :)

Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Day 7

Day 7 (maybe part 1)

So thanks to work for letting me not only finish work 1 hour early but by letting me have a bag of shreddings :)

All out ready to be put together

Start of the base

Base ready to mache! :) had to use parcel tape as masking tape was running out fast

1 Foot

2 Feet and 2 Arms

Wings Rawr!!

Day 6

Day 6 (1st June)

Its been over 2 weeks now since I did anything with the dragon, I just was not happy with the way it was looking.

However after seeing it was 4 more days untill the wedding I needed to do something so tonight I have spent about 5 hours trying to get things ready to have a finished ready to paint Dragon by Thursday (2Days)

So first was to cut off a lump just above the tail to soften out the shape of the dragon, as it just looked like it had a fat ass.

Then was the task to create a mouth (this was not easy but I'm semi happy with it)

You can see its now a flat line from tail to back, Lump removed.

The head sort of done

2 Claws ready to mache but they are huge! and I mean HUGE!!

Since dragon is going to hold a list I gave edge burning of paper a try to get a nice effect

Arms drying